Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Balancing Act

That's what my life has become. Before the Gabs I was a teacher. School and my career came first and my boyfriends, and finally husband were all very supportive of me. School, and my school children were my focus, and it was great.

But now I have a baby. Not just any baby either... I have the MOST fantastic child you can imagine. She is smart, funny, caring, and amazing. She is my world. My priorities shifted from career to family in the blink of an eye. Being a mom is by far the most important job I've ever had, and it's helped me to see how important my job as a wife is as well.

Now I am working on balancing family and work. I have taken a new job this year and it demands a lot of my time outside of the regular school day. I have to arrive at work by 7:30 most days and am unable to leave until 4:30. I know balance is the key, but I need to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment