Tuesday, May 25, 2010

And the award for worst mommy ever goes to...

ME!
Yup, I did my Gab wrong last night and I feel terrible!!
I took a personal day Monday and Gab and I played all day long. Had a wonderful day with my girl, we just stayed home and enjoyed each other. It was much needed.
5pm We went to my parents house for dinner, and the trouble began. When we arrived I unbuckled Gab from her car seat so I could just carry her in in my arms. C disagreed with me about it, I got distracted and unsnapped the whole car seat from the car instead and she tumbled out onto the ground. I cannot get the image of her tumbling and landing, face down of course, out of my mind. Thankfully she screamed immediately. We took her straight to the hospital and she was discharged with only scratches.
Bed time for everyone!
11:30pm Gab wakes up SCREAMING. I stumble in to give her a paci but that's not doing it. I pick her up to feed her and she immediately vomits. She vomited 4 times in 40 minutes... we left for the ER. They did a CT scan- everything normal!! We got discharged again at 4:30am. Home by 5... it was a super long night but I am beyond relieved that she's ok. They think the vomiting was a reaction to amoxicillian (sp?) so we have discontinued it and Gab was back to her normal self today- thankfully. However, I will soon begin writing my speech for the worst mommy in the world award.

No comments:

Post a Comment