Thursday, May 20, 2010

Crazy Mommy

Yes, I fear that is the reputation I am getting at my pedi's office. My mother also works there so I am afraid they feel like they HAVE to talk to me, but maybe that's just all pedis?!

I called again today. For the last 4 weeks Gab has been running a low grade fever in the evenings of 99.6-100.5. The first time it came up I took her to the doc's and they said it was nothing, she was fine. Took her in last week again because I was worried that this was STILL going on... hello 3 weeks of a small fever is NORMAL?! plus this time her eye was really runny and they told me that was fine, call if fever reaches 101. REALLY?! Well a terrible cold set in and I called again Sunday afternoon. That Dr told me to come in the next day if she didn't seem on the mend. She seemed better and I was tired of being told she was fine all the time so we did not go in Monday.

Tonight I picked her up at day care and she was fussy. Felt her forehead and she was at 101.1. SO I called the Dr..... The on call was great and told me it was probably nothing but he wants to see her in the morning. This will be the third time I've gone in (5th call) and I am annoyed that they are not seeming to take me seriously. I KNOW I am a first time mommy but what if something is really wrong and they're missing it because they think I do not know what I am talking about?

My little Gab is sleeping like a log right now and looks so peaceful, until she lets out a huge snore and has a coughing fit from the congestion they say is "normal."

No comments:

Post a Comment