Saturday, February 19, 2011

Downtown Disney


On our last night we were going to head in to Downtown Disney to get our souvenir shopping done and enjoy a fun dinner at T-Rex. All was going according to plan, Gabs fell asleep on the bus ride there and slept in her backpack once we arrived. We ordered dinner at T-Rex and then Gabs woke up. It was weird though, she was screaming but her eyes were closed. I couldn't console her. I picked her up to walk her around the restaurant and then she exploded. Projectile vomit, the likes of which I've never seen in my life. I was stunned and covered. A nice man picked up her pacifier and kept trying to hand it to me and GD was chasing us with the camera encouraging us to smile, but I was frozen as my child continued to vomit on me.

Finally to the bathroom but we were both covered literally head to toe. How she had that much food in her is beyond me. We got some semblance of cleaned up and left the restaurant. Gabs went right to sleep when we got back to the resort but things just weren't right. We packed so we'd be ready in the morning and then headed to bed.

At 11:30 I started. I looked at GD and said "I think I am going to be sick" and immediately vomited on the carpet. For the next 5 hours Gabs and I were vomiting uncontrollably to the point where rescue was called because GD and my MIL were so worried about us. They told us that we could go to the hospital but then we'd just be throwing up there. We opted to stay and hoped we'd be ready to board a plane in a few hours.

We managed to empty our systems to board the plane and make it home safely but it was several days before either of us was right again. I think it was food poisoning from the Cobb Salad especially since only Gabs and I got sick and we shared it. Hard to say, maybe it was a bug. It was a long and scary trip home, and not the ideal way to end our vacation but if we had to be sick, getting sick hours before our flight out was the way to do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment