Sunday, June 12, 2011

Attachment

Like all mommies, I often pride myself on how smart, independent, and all around amazing Gabby is. Gabs is independent, but loving. Smart, and funny. Silly, but can calm down when necessary....

Until the weekend hits. As soon as she realizes I am staying home for the day (i.e. I am wearing jeans, or still there when breakfast is done) she becomes my shadow. Clingy only begins to describe it. Yesterday we had to attend a funeral and at the reception afterwards her God father joked that it was like a dog with a shock collar. Every time we got 3 feet apart, she'd start screaming.

I love that she needs me, but this new attachment issue is worrisome... especially going into the summer. This will be the first summer that I've not worked. How will she be if I am home all summer with her? Will she continue to be this clingy little thing afraid to try anything without her mommy? or will she get used to my presence and go back to being the independent self-sufficient girl I am trying to raise??

I am sure that this is, as my mother says, "just a phase..."

No comments:

Post a Comment