Saturday, June 4, 2011

Might Our Luck Be Changing?

The first part of the year has been tough. My husband's grandmother (and Gab's namesake) passed away just days into the new year. Not only did she pass away, but he was there with her and he was the one who had to help the undertaker put her in the body bag. He had months (still has in fact) of nightmares. We went on a vacation which was mostly nice except Gabs and I got VERY ill just before we left.

Once home we met with a realtor to sell our home. It's small for our family. The realtor basically told us, we'd have to bring over $20,000 to closing just to unload it.

Beginning of March, Gab's daddy lost his job and he's now been unemployed 12 weeks.... and counting.

Oh, did I mention the roof began to leak in mid February? And that we weren't sure what I'd be doing for next year, and we had to pull Gabs out of full time daycare which was very hard. It was a really shitty first few months of the year.

But then, out of the blue, we got a call from an old colleague of Gab's daddy and they are interested in buying our home. They'd like to do a rent to own for 2 years then purchase it. My job situation has not only been settled, but it's better than I could have ever imagined, I am taking off the summer for the first time since I was a child, and it just all of a sudden seems like our luck is changing.... could it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment