Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Swamped!

I am swamped at work, swamped at home, just plain swamped! How and WHEN did life get so busy??

Well work is a beast of its own. This year my job has evolved and it seems perhaps that I am evolving more slowly thus am not able to keep up. It just seems that once again, with the promise of a new year in front of me, and an empty calendar, that I was hell bent this year on filling it up as much as possible! That's made my home life tougher...

I wake Gabs up now nearly every morning. We rush to get out the door, I kiss her a quick goodbye and I am out of daycare by 7:15 at the latest. My last meetings usually conclude at 4:30 so I get to her by 4:45. Home at 5:15 for dinner, a couple books, and bed.

I absolutely live for my weekends when I am able to put work aside and focus on family. We like to take Gabs places and do things, but I try to keep at least half a day at home to just chill out and enjoy her. Get to know all the things she's learned over the week and to relax. Those are my favorite moments....

Columbus day is just a couple weeks away. Hopefully that weekend will be a nice reprieve and by then work should calm down?

No comments:

Post a Comment