Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Tough Times

It just seems like 2011 is NOT the year for our family. It started out rough, and looked like things might turn around this summer, but it was not to be. Gab's daddy has left us. It devastates me to write that but I need to start coming to terms with it and understanding what that means for my life. Not only did he leave, but he left 2 days before my birthday. His actual plan was to leave on my birthday, but I wasn't going to be OK with him staying here for 2 days knowing he didn't want to be with me.... and then to leave ON my birthday. Seriously? His reasoning was that his mother was leaving for a trip on my birthday so he'd be able to leave, and not tell anyone. Too bad... if he was so sure leaving us was a good idea, then he must be ok with letting people know?!

Sorry, that's my frustration and confusion coming out. I know we had a fight, but it didn't seem different than any other disagreement we'd ever had. But the story has slowly come out, he's been unhappy for a year. A YEAR?! I am not unhappy more than a day and I am telling him about it so we can deal and move on. A YEAR?! REALLY??? I am beyond sad and confused. We are going to see a counselor tomorrow... (We saw one Monday but it was a disaster, to be blogged about later...) and hopefully that will help. I have to maintain hope because I cannot imagine not being with Gabs daddy. He is my best friend, and while I know we have some issues, I hate to think that, with everything else we've been through, we couldn't work through this.

Here's hoping that our lucky number 13 strikes again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment