Thursday, July 29, 2010

Operation Hot Mommy

This week begins my quest to become physically fit. I have not exercised consistently over the last 16 months since I found out I was pregnant for Gabs. I did prenatal yoga and all that but not really anything too cardiovascular.

This week changes all that. It's long been a goal of mine to learn how to run. Growing up I always had friends who did track and I just could never see the point of it. After Gabs was born, I had a friend who runs marathons who offered to run with me and train me to run a 5K. It was my goal to run this race before Gab turns 1. I am going one better than that, I am training for a race on the day I turn 30. I've had two work outs this week and today marks my 3rd for the week, my first with my unofficial trainer. I called her earlier to see if we'd still be on since it is 90* and humid and she wouldn't let me waiver. It's good for me, and I will feel good after our workout....

So over the next 10 weeks I will track my progress as I work towards learning how to run. I am so looking forward to getting back not only my prebaby body, but a body that is much better than that one.

On my mark, get set, GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment