Saturday, July 31, 2010

A letter to my 8 month old

Dear Gabby,

You are 8 months and 2 1/2 weeks old. You are 255 days old today and there are 110 days until you are one. Each and every day you amaze me however today is different. I've known it's been coming for quite some time now but today you showed me that you are a grown up baby with a mind of your own thankyouverymuch mommy!

The last couple of days you've decided that you can make your own decisions when it comes to sleeping, eating, playing and being cuddled. While I am glad you are growing up and are so clever, I am sad to see my little baby being so big.

Right now we are playing in your room and when something is out of reach and you do not wish to roll or crawl to it you emit a screech then look from me to the object and back again. This morning in the middle of feeding you in your highchair I got up to get something off a counter and you threw a fit to rival a 2 year old! I couldn't believe it. Although I question your methods, I am amazed at how well you communicate and make your needs known. You my dear are amazing.

I love you my little Gab and am impressed at how quickly and well you're growing up. Everyone says you look just like me but we both know who this new attitude is from! ;-)

Love,

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment