Wednesday, August 4, 2010

VACATION

This week I am on vacation. I said I wanted to have nothing to do with work but day 1 of vacation I got 2 calls from work, yesterday I got one call, and Thursday I am going in for a meeting now. Hopefully today can be truly work free? (I say that but I just finished writing a paper for class I am taking...)

Despite not being able to completely leave work behind, I am having a great time. DH's best friend is home this week and he's wonderful. We are enjoying spending time with him and his family and it's nice to relax. I am LOVING the extra time I have with Gabs! She is such a little person now, she has opinions, a stubborn streak that rivals her father's, she has a sense of humor, and is truly the most amazing person I know.

Although this is my only full week off, I still have lots of free time over the next couple of weeks to be with her. We will be going to story time at the library, playing at the park, swimming in pools, playing at the indoor baby gym, and maybe even a trip to the beach! It made me sad last night when I was recounting to Gab's Daddy that it feels like I am getting to know her. I should know her, she's my daughter, but there is lots that I miss being at work all day... I am just so thankful that I have this time with her. I hear my little giggle monster stirring from her nap (she didn't sleep much last night, darn tooth!) so off I go to see what adventure she'll take me on today!

No comments:

Post a Comment